318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Exterior (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   So everyone jump on the wagon. (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=35044)

eurohb 01-02-2012 09:43 AM

So everyone jump on the wagon.

http://dtmfiberwerkz.com/access/318t...ler-p-578.html

Im glad everyone is gonna have one now though.:D

cooljess76 01-02-2012 08:15 PM

I think it looks alright... but not as good as the LTW, factory Mtech or Schnitzer 3-piece spoiler. The ends on the Hartge where it meets the corners of the hatch look unfinished IMO.

cooljess76 01-02-2012 08:37 PM

BTW, did you get the package I left on your porch? It's in a plastic bag underneath the bumper.

eurohb 01-05-2012 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooljess76 (Post 317232)
BTW, did you get the package I left on your porch? It's in a plastic bag underneath the bumper.

yeah the big bag of weed right? hahaha jk yes, and IDK i have a LTW and my friend is offering me a acs spoiler at a steal for the ti... idk i might even stack my spoiler :D

familytruckster 01-05-2012 02:40 AM

Mine should be delivered tomorrow. Too bad I'll be at work when it's delivered.

eurohb 01-05-2012 03:37 AM

lets see it when you install it please.

familytruckster 01-05-2012 03:52 AM

I'll take a bunch of pics. Not sure how long it's gonna be until I install it. I might work on those edges, I'm not fond of the way it blends in.

eurohb 01-05-2012 04:06 AM

yeah, I noticed that too.. Like i said I might stack my LTW or buy another LTW and mod it to fit with risers.

familytruckster 01-06-2012 12:31 AM

It's sitting at my house. I hate working evenings!

familytruckster 01-06-2012 09:58 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Figure out which is the original.

Fit is good. Same as the original. Heavier than the original.

I'm wonering about mounting though. The original has a bunch of bolts. No metal sleeves or anything in the original. Guess a lot of body adhesive and a few bolts-or glue in some studs.

Philly 01-06-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooljess76 (Post 317229)
I think it looks alright... but not as good as the LTW, factory Mtech or Schnitzer 3-piece spoiler. The ends on the Hartge where it meets the corners of the hatch look unfinished IMO.

dont forget Rieger and Hamann... the Hartge has to be my least fave, albeit still pretty nice but I agree with the 'unfinished' vibe I always got from it.

maverick 01-07-2012 12:19 AM

That is odd???

Quote:

Originally Posted by familytruckster (Post 317684)
Figure out which is the original.

Fit is good. Same as the original. Heavier than the original.

I'm wonering about mounting though. The original has a bunch of bolts. No metal sleeves or anything in the original. Guess a lot of body adhesive and a few bolts-or glue in some studs.

I have an original set of lower and upper Hartge fresh in the original boxes and I bought them strait up from I think it was AutoMark or whoever was the last distributor of them in the USA and he told me then they were the last set and no more ever. Weird part is mine have no bolts nor any place for bolts and the mounting instructions indicate urethane adhesive mounting only and it came with some German adhesive when I got them...long since hardened I fear. So it is curious yours is so different in mounting?

I have just shipped the upper to DTM Fiber Werkz and they should soon have both on offer.

The reason I bought them is I like the look one, but I found out they are the original Cup design madated in Europe for several of the Cup series involving the Compacts and were the only ones they found that added modest down force with very little drag as they were not allowed much in horsepower mods.

It is all a matter of taste and that is that, just too long getting mine on but now at least there will be choice again of either or both.

Dave

familytruckster 01-07-2012 04:03 AM

Hmm, weird. Maybe the bolts on mine were added in later. I'm just going to use adhesive to mount it.

When I talked to Ari today he mentioned your was being shipped. Not many pics of the upper. From what I've seen it looks pretty good.