318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   US and North America (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   GA For Sale: Clubsport (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=34120)

PhilipWOT 08-14-2011 08:44 PM

For Sale: Clubsport

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/wat/cto/2546606112.html

roadrash 08-14-2011 09:15 PM

Looks like a good specimen of a Club Sport. Please don't sell it to someone who's just going to swap the engine, track it, "stance" it, etc. If I had a stable job, you wouldn't have this car very much longer. :-) GLWTS!!

PhilipWOT 08-15-2011 01:34 AM

Eh, I'm sure it will get swapped and stanced as soon as I sell it, but whatever. I'm trying to buy a 2nd M3 so unfortunately I have to let my CS go to whoever comes up with the cash.

zoner 08-15-2011 05:51 AM

Oh, man... if I were only closer.

I think that it's a reasonable price, but hopefully someone looking for a swap or track car will be looking for one in the $2000-3000 range. It would be a shame if someone bought this and wasn't mindful of what they actually had. GLWS!

ohonegger 08-18-2011 01:03 AM

obo?

Platanos 08-18-2011 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadrash (Post 306955)
Please don't sell it to someone who's just going to swap the engine, track it, "stance" it, etc.

Unless of course, the new owner is as unfortunate as I have been and has someone rear end them on the way home from buying the car. Hits a deer a few weeks later on the way to work. And now has non matching vin panels to replace the damaged ones....:frown:

I know you don't "approve" of what I am doing to my clubsport and I am not trying to defend myself either, as I really don't give a crap. I just wanted to make sure you understood why I am doing what I'm doing. Once I replaced the bumpers and hood/nose panel with the dot r or from other ti's, its not an "original clubsport" anymore. Furthermore, I feel my choice in upgrades are far more superior to the original crap my clubby had in place.

Roadrash, please don't take this the wrong way, I just felt like some of your comments lately have been directed at me. FYI, I still have a MINT red millpoint interior going back into the clubby:wink:

Sorry to the op for the jack, but to keep it in line. Is this clubsport all original? matching vins? Any maintenance records? Any suspension components been replaced with OEM or aftermarket parts?

I wish I could afford this, seems well taken care of and clean!! Good luck with your sale!!!

Platanos 08-18-2011 01:33 AM

Never mind the suspension questions. I re-read your CL ad. Its a really good listing! Can you offer anymore pics for the audience?? The euro plate made me lol

eurohb 08-18-2011 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadrash (Post 306955)
Please don't sell it to someone who's just going to swap the engine, track it, "stance" it, etc.

If someone has the money, they should be able to do whatever they want to the car. If the person likes stance then let them just don't put down a type of car modifying you don't like down yourself.
:cool:

RWerksman 08-18-2011 02:14 AM

Emailed you on at the CL email address. Interested in the car, and have the money in hand. FWIW, if I purchase it, it will stay stock.

cooljess76 08-18-2011 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eurohb (Post 307232)
If someone has the money, they should be able to do whatever they want to the car. If the person likes stance then let them just don't put down a type of car modifying you don't like down yourself.
:cool:

It's not that he likes/dislikes a certain style of modding, it's that the car is a clubsport. There's only a few of them left on the road. Once you start modding it, it's no longer a clubsport. It may as well just be a regular 318ti. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a purist by any means, but messing with a clubsport is no different than messing with a '95 M3 LTW or a '94 325is Mtechnic, you're taking part of history away from BMW. There were only 300 clubsports made. With people wrecking, neglecting and modding them, it won't be long before the clubsport is completely erased. That being said, I hope the OP sells it to someone who will appreciate it and not molest it with cheap and tacky mods:smile:

PhilipWOT 08-18-2011 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohonegger (Post 307217)
obo?

no.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Platanos (Post 307225)
Unless of course, the new owner is as unfortunate as I have been and has someone rear end them on the way home from buying the car. Hits a deer a few weeks later on the way to work. And now has non matching vin panels to replace the damaged

I know you don't "approve" of what I am doing to my clubsport and I am not trying to defend myself either, as I really don't give a crap. I just wanted to make sure you understood why I am doing what I'm doing. Once I replaced the bumpers and hood/nose panel with the dot r or from other ti's, its not an "original clubsport" anymore. Furthermore, I feel my choice in upgrades are far more superior to the original crap my clubby had in place.

Roadrash, please don't take this the wrong way, I just felt like some of your comments lately have been directed at me. FYI, I still have a MINT red millpoint interior going back into the clubby:wink:

Sorry to the op for the jack, but to keep it in line. Is this clubsport all original? matching vins? Any maintenance records? Any suspension components been replaced with OEM or aftermarket parts?

I wish I could afford this, seems well taken care of and clean!! Good luck with your sale!!!

Ughhh that sucks, I feel for you. Yes my car is all numbers matching and completely stock besides what I mentioned.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Platanos (Post 307226)
Never mind the suspension questions. I re-read your CL ad. Its a really good listing! Can you offer anymore pics for the audience?? The euro plate made me lol

I'll post more photos tomorrow, and the tag was ordered for my last M3. I put it on the CS as a joke and just left it there for a while. It is not for sale as its going on my next M3.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RWerksman (Post 307233)
Emailed you on at the CL email address. Interested in the car, and have the money in hand. FWIW, if I purchase it, it will stay stock.

Replied. And honestly I hope I can sell it to you. You seem like you won't ruin it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooljess76 (Post 307245)
It's not that he likes/dislikes a certain style of modding, it's that the car is a clubsport. There's only a few of them left on the road. Once you start modding it, it's no longer a clubsport. It may as well just be a regular 318ti. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a purist by any means, but messing with a clubsport is no different than messing with a '95 M3 LTW or a '94 325is Mtechnic, you're taking part of history away from BMW. There were only 300 clubsports made. With people wrecking, neglecting and modding them, it won't be long before the clubsport is completely erased. That being said, I hope the OP sells it to someone who will appreciate it and not molest it with cheap and tacky mods:smile:

I hope so too.

Thanks for all the interest guys. The amount of interest I've had on this little oddity of a BMW is staggering.

Altitude 08-18-2011 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilipWOT (Post 295702)
I just picked up my first ti; a 10/95 Hellrot Clubsport. The Clubsport will be getting S50 swapped.

The good news here is the OP is selling this Club Sport, so it still has a chance to remain as an unmolested Club Sport. If I understand your introduction post you had planned on the S50 swap and probably some other modifications too.

If I were not so busy right now I would pick this bad boy up (or is it a girl?). This is very tempting indeed.

Good luck with your sale. :smile:

PhilipWOT 08-18-2011 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altitude (Post 307264)
The good news here is the OP is selling this Club Sport, so it still has a chance to remain as an unmolested Club Sport. If I understand your introduction post you had planned on the S50 swap and probably some other modifications too.

If I were not so busy right now I would pick this bad boy up (or is it a girl?). This is very tempting indeed.

Good luck with your sale. :smile:

Yeah I planned on basically building it into the 95 M3 compact prototype that BMW made in 95, but with my new job I just dont have the time to dedicate to a project like that. So instead I'm buying another M3 and selling the ti. I'd still love to see it get swapped as the car deserves something better than the M42, I just don't want to see it get riced out because it is a nice CS.

geetarspaz 08-18-2011 06:14 PM

i still keep coming back at this post to look at the photos...eerrggg :| the clubsport is love

PhilipWOT 08-18-2011 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geetarspaz (Post 307285)
i still keep coming back at this post to look at the photos...eerrggg :| the clubsport is love

I'm going to post some more later today if the sun comes back out.

Also: Just installed the new headliner set minus the sunroof cover. Will post pics soon, likely along with updated price. :tongue: