318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   2007 318ti.org Calendar (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10037)

bmwracerchick 04-24-2006 05:01 AM

I am curious about something, would my sig picture but in full be too dark for the calender? I just like it because its a shadow outline of the ti, I will take better pictures when I get the chance.

JPerfect 05-02-2006 05:09 PM

It's so nice having all of my friends come over, and be like... wtf... is that your car on that calendar???

Why yes... yes it is...

Haha, one thing for everyone submitting pictures, I recommend using the clarity tool in Photoshop or Paintshop, because it makes the picture itself look more vivid, and clearer in print. It compensates for the flatness of a picture taken with a mediocre camera.

If anyone needs help with it, email me.

There's plenty of time.

P.S. I know I've disappeared for a while, but I'm back.

Tyler 05-02-2006 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmwracerchick
I am curious about something, would my sig picture but in full be too dark for the calender? I just like it because its a shadow outline of the ti, I will take better pictures when I get the chance.

The picture has to be at an angle so you can tell it's a ti,no head on shots. Your sig pic wouldn't work unless you can see the whole car,we need to see the impaired trunk.

bmwracerchick 05-02-2006 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler
The picture has to be at an angle so you can tell it's a ti,no head on shots. Your sig pic wouldn't work unless you can see the whole car,we need to see the impaired trunk.

I changed my sig, it was a sunset picture, it should be in my gallery, you could see a silohoutte of the car.

Tyler 05-02-2006 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmwracerchick
I changed my sig, it was a sunset picture, it should be in my gallery, you could see a silohoutte of the car.

I gotcha,i remember the picture.

davep-uk 05-02-2006 09:51 PM

i still think that an opening page should be made up of cool elongated signature pics displaying the 318ti.org logo.

just like mine and Jperfect's!!!!!!!!!!!

robcarync 05-02-2006 10:01 PM

thats cool...for sure...maybe the cover can be a giant collage of signature pics of the 318ti sticker all in black and white or something. i dunno just an interesting idea to throw out there. yeahhhhh

JPerfect 05-02-2006 10:50 PM

That's interesting, maybe we should start taking some artsy photos. The cover could be a voting all in itself.

I think it would look really cool if we had 5 elongated panoramic signature-ish shots on the cover... each of the 5 could be 360L x 2400W in size to fill the whole page, and on the bottom, I, or someone else could make an embossed title/year/318ti.org.

Another Idea I had, was to put runners up, or everyone else's cars on the cover. We can compile like 300 cars and put them all on the cover in a collage.

I'd be more than willing to provide help in any way I can, I think the calendar is a great thing for all members of the site.

OH, and BTW i was able to recover all the data from my old hard drive on my fried computer, and I have all of the individual cars from the old calendar with no backgrounds. I know I promised those months ago, but I have them now, and they are in Paintshop Pro/Photoshop format. I can also send as PDFs.

If you'd like your car, drop me a message.

robcarync 05-03-2006 01:16 AM

i love your signature pic jperfect...looks hot. but yeah i was thinking maybe start taking some artsy pics or something. like everyone with a sticker on their window take some sort of cool pic with the sticker visible...turn em all black and white and make a nice little collage of them. or like you said have 5 elongated panoramics...thatd be a cool shot as well.

JPerfect 05-12-2006 05:28 PM

Personification

I kinda like my sig pic too, lol. It tells a story... well... to me, because I know the situation. *flashback*

It was a blustery blizzard, 24 inches of snow, as many of you know. The ti was parked on the street. She was BURIED. At around noon, when the worst was over, I decided to go retrieve her. So I got my broom, my shovel, a scraper, and my keys; and I got to work. 20 minutes later, the car was clean, but there was still 2 feet of snow on all sides. I then opted to say "F THIS" and i got in and started her up. I listened to her growl for about 10 minutes while I warmed her up, and then I began the long and hard process of going in and out, and in and out... to dislodge myself from the wheel-high snowbanks!

Finally, after about 20 minutes of manhandling my girl, she was finally free. With one last roar, she overcame all obstacles, and lie in the street humming. I backed her into my driveway, plowing a little more, and finally set her to rest.

I looked at her, my car personified, with beads of 'sweat' dripping down her curved fenders. I could plainly see that she was exhausted from our vigorous workout. As I walked away, I could hear her crackling and pinging as if she didn't want me to leave. I did.

I went inside the house, but before I got undressed, I grabbed my camera, and started taking pictures of the chaos outside. Then, as I usually do when I have my camera in the vicinity of her, I started a photo shoot in my driveway.

I named the album, "ti Personified" to reflect the epiphany I had in the driveway 10 minutes prior. I took a load of pictures in the light diminishing snow.

As I was standing there, next to my sleeping beauty, photographing her every contour, I heard an un-nerving rumble. I looked up to see a wall of snow cascading upon me from the roof above. It nearly knocked me off my feet! I quickly regained my composure and looked over at my once peacefully sleeping companion. She was screaming, yelping, and flashing her lights. Startled, she was, as she had been sleeping so delicately. I proceeded to calm her by pushing her quiet button, and I took one last picture of my distressed queen, from where I stood.

It is that picture, I decided, that meant the most to me. It is that picture, I decided, that I would make into a 318ti.org signature.

Regards,
Jeff

TiTime 05-12-2006 05:44 PM

That's deep Jeff.

TiTime 05-12-2006 05:47 PM

If only I had a story to tell about my ti. That is, one as good as yours...

JPerfect 05-12-2006 05:52 PM

haha thanks

robcarync 05-14-2006 07:41 PM

i love story time! awesome story for sure!

bmwracerchick 06-01-2006 05:56 AM

Hey guys, im still trying to get inspiration for a photo this year to go into the running to be on the calender. I was wondering what you guys thought of this one since the color is just amazing and I just detailed it. Calender material or should I try what I did for this years calender and be more scenic with a background?

http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/4628/pict07328sz.jpg
ps click the image because on the boards it looks kind of squished and rigid