318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Induction (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Jean's Turbo Build - 318TTi (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=27794)

Jean H.318TI 08-18-2009 03:08 AM

Jean's Turbo Build - 318TTi

well as some of u guys know i always wanted to turbo my lil TI but never really have some1 with a good tunning but now that johnboy is done with his turbo and running good im gonna get on this and start the turbo build, is not gonna be even close to what johnboy have but is good for me.

gonna use the same OBX turbo manifold
HKS SQV
TIAL wastegate 44mm
MITSUBISHI turbo T3
HKS turbo timer
27"x7"x2.5" intercooler delta fin 2.5" in/out.
2.5" intercooler piping
Silicone hoses
Heavy Duty Spring Loaded T-Bolt Clamps
electronic boost controller (not sure what brand)
Lucas 42.8# Blue Strip injectors
Injector adaptors (Metric)
M3 MAF sensor
2.5" > 3" boot to connect new MAF in system.
Co2 intercooler sprayer (no tune) just to help with the heat soak on hot days or before/after a run on the track/street
and all the other random stuff like the oil/water lines and everything else

and im also gonna run with open wastegate, so is gonna be super loud (only WOT) lol :biggrin:

is gonna take few months until i get all the parts, i already order some of the stuff tho, so maybe by winter or before we are gonna have another turbo TI :rolleyes: and im only gonna run 14psi tops and 8psi DD (shooting for 200+whp @14psi)

cant wait for this to be done but money is kinda low, around 200month to spend on this so yeah is gonna take some time, any donations are welcome :wink:

tiFreak 08-18-2009 03:20 AM

nice, can't wait to see it

acevedo12 08-18-2009 03:27 AM

like your Ti isn't bad ass enough! this thing is gonna be awesome

Jean H.318TI 08-18-2009 05:03 AM

i know but we always need more and more power lol

xxxJohnBoyxxx 08-18-2009 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jean H.318TI (Post 241283)
well as some of u guys know i always wanted to turbo my lil TI but never really have some1 with a good tunning but now that johnboy is done with his turbo and running good im gonna get on this and start the turbo build, is not gonna be even close to what johnboy have but is good for me.

gonna use the same OBX turbo manifold
HKS Super SQV
TIAL wastegate 44mm
MITSUBISHI turbo T3
HKS turbo timer
27"x7"x2.5" intercooler delta fin 2.5" in/out. - black
2.5" intercooler piping - black,
Silicone hoses black
Heavy Duty Spring Loaded T-Bolt Clamps
Turbo Oil Scavenge Pump
electronic boost controller (not sure what brand)
Co2 intercooler sprayer (no tune) just to help with the heat soak on hot days or before/after a run on the track/street
and all the other random stuff like the oil/water lines and everything else

and im also gonna run with open wastegate, so is gonna be super loud (only WOT) lol :biggrin:

is gonna take few months until i get all the parts, i already order some of the stuff tho, so maybe by winter or before we are gonna have another turbo TI :rolleyes: and im only gonna run 14psi tops and 8psi DD (shooting for 200+whp @14psi)

cant wait for this to be done but money is kinda low, around 400month to spend on this so yeah is gonna take some time, any donations are welcome :wink:

I'm pround of you. You will be way over 200whp @ 14psi since you won't be turning a supercharger for your boost. I'm running the MITSUBISHI T3 are you going for a 30 or 28. Do you already have your A/R's like .63 for exhaust and .57 compressor?

I know where to get a excellent oil scavenger pump if you want one.

I'm excited for you in a non-gay way

xxxJohnBoyxxx 08-18-2009 12:32 PM

Jean,

Three things right off the batt and I might be telling you stuff you already know.

1. On the turbo make sure the exhaust is a standard 4 bolt. Mitsubishi turbo's have the TDO5 flange so you need to be sure the turbo has been converted to a standard 4 bolt unless your going to weld V-clamps and forget about matching bolt patterns...

2. On the OBX manifold. When you purchase the manifold make sure the down-pipe flange is standard 4 bolt or matches your turbo. The down pipe I received was 4 bolt but some flange size that no turbo shop could identify so I had to cut it off and weld on the correct flange.

3. I think you will need some 3" pipe for the turbo intake to air filter

xxxJohnBoyxxx 08-18-2009 12:42 PM

Items needed for tuning your car.

4 ~ Lucas 42.8# Blue Strip injectors
4 ~ Injector adaptors (Metric)
1 ~ 1995 ~ M3 or 328i MAF sensor
1 ~ 2.5" x 3" boot to connect new MAF in system.

From the MAF to the throttle body it needs to be 3". The tuning for up to 20psi uses the 42.8# injectors and M3 MAF. BOV needs to be placed before the MAF so the BOV air is not metered

You will need to pay Mark for the Firmware, I can do the DME work for free

budget76 08-18-2009 03:54 PM

Jean, the car is going to be sick

And John, I have to give you props again for being so incredibly willing to help everyone on this board and spread your knowledge to us:cool:

Jean H.318TI 08-18-2009 09:11 PM

@ john
thanks for ur help on everything and ur right i totally forgot about the fuel system, injectors and MAF and i order the intercooler with 2.5" out, so im gonna have to buy adapter and some other stuff. also r u runing stock fuel pump, and fuel rail?

whenever im about to buy the turbo and oil scavenger pump ill shoot u a pm

how much u think would be for the injector, injectors adapters and the firmware, DME work?

also thanks again for being so incredibly willing to help ;)

xxxJohnBoyxxx 08-19-2009 12:41 AM

The 2.5 x 3" hose is on Ebay.

Injectors maybe $150 for the set or less. I've seen a set for $129 shipped
Injector adaptors not sure but can't see more then $40
Firmware is a standard tune so I seriously doubt he will ding you on it, you could choose a TT stage 3 tune but it might be lean in the upper RPM.

Yes I run a stock fuel pump but I'm most likely going to change to a bolt in Mustang GT version. You will be fine with stock fuel pump. Yes use stock fuel rail since the adapters will fit all EV style injectors to your rail & manifold.

Jean H.318TI 08-19-2009 01:06 AM

thanks again and again

lpcapital 08-19-2009 09:33 PM

Just bought a set of injectors adapters from MM for $60... Good luck with the project!!! With John is not a matter of luck , since it will happen, but still... ehehe

Be cerefull with CO2 spray: it might have the very unwanted side effect of having CO2 drwan into the air intake causing HP to dorp...

xxxJohnBoyxxx 08-19-2009 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lpcapital (Post 241489)
Just bought a set of injectors adapters from MM for $60...

I have not seen their adapters. Are they aluminum or brass?

lpcapital 08-19-2009 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxxJohnBoyxxx (Post 241503)
I have not seen their adapters. Are they aluminum or brass?

I haven't seen them either sine I'm still waiting for them to come in... I order them the same day all your hell broke loose and there was some delay with my shipment (they knew I was in no rush and I told them I only needed them by the end of the month). I'll post pix one I get them

Jean H.318TI 08-22-2009 12:48 AM

2 Attachment(s)
loook what i got on the mail today 27"x7"x2.5" :biggrin: