318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   US and North America (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   WTB Trunk parcel shelf, CD changer magazine (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=31927)

lutze 10-23-2010 03:26 PM

WTB Trunk parcel shelf, CD changer magazine

Just picked up a '95 ti and looking to fill in some missing pieces...

Looking for:
  • a rear deck / parcel shelf (black interior)
  • rear-mounted CD changer 6-disc magazine (can buy the whole thing off you if you'd rather not split it up), or
  • the single-disc Business CD head unit, if it'll fit a '95 w/o me having to tear the dash apart replacing mounting brackets and wiring.

If anyone has one/many of the above, or runs across them somewhere else, I'd appreciate the head's up.

Thanks

John_in_VA 10-23-2010 05:25 PM

WTB Trunk parcel shelf, CD changer magazine

I helped a buddy find a ti about a month ago and he is going through the same sort of things bringing it "up to speed." A new parcel shelf is ~$120. His, too, is black but has faded a bit from so he's thinking about replacing it. His may be available. I'm is Leesburg; he's just west of me in Purcellville.

I have a factory cassette head unit and CD changer from a '95 325i sedan that have been in storage since '96. I might have an extra 6-disc magazine - will have to check.

John

roadrash 10-23-2010 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_in_VA (Post 283730)
I helped a buddy find a ti about a month ago and he is going through the same sort of things bringing it "up to speed." A new parcel shelf is ~$120. His, too, is black but has faded a bit from so he's thinking about replacing it. His may be available. I'm is Leesburg; he's just west of me in Purcellville.

If your friend buys a new parcel shelf, and lutze buys the old one, I'll help with info on how to make the faded one black again. :biggrin:

lutze 10-23-2010 07:14 PM

I actually just moved from Leesburg back in February and work in Dulles so I'm halfway there during the week. If he decides to part with the deck that'd be great -- otherwise, is the $120 figure direct from BMW, or through another dealer? I had a closer look and it looks like part of the plastic retainer assembly for the deck pins is broken off of those speaker cover / trim pieces, so I may have a few more pieces to collect before that's taken care of. And regarding the stereo, I might be interested in the head unit as well if you're looking to part with it; the face of my existing one is pretty worn out but all the aftermarket head units I've found are either cheap and gimicky or won't match the rest of the amber interior lighting.

John_in_VA 10-23-2010 10:03 PM

@roadrash - I told Bruce we could use some SEM aerosol dye to "blacken" it up, but he's afraid it will be streaky. I even showed him MacUser's blog entry.

@lutze - Look for a PM from me with more info.

hotmilk400 10-23-2010 10:42 PM

i have a black faded one that i would let go. i took it out since i have a sub in my car, and it would rattle. it is out of a 98 tho, not sure if it is 100% the same, but it should be.

roadrash 10-23-2010 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_in_VA (Post 283773)
@roadrash - I told Bruce we could use some SEM aerosol dye to "blacken" it up, but he's afraid it will be streaky. I even showed him MacUser's blog entry.

If that's the thread that I commented in, look for my pix. The stuff I used was not streaky.

tbake504 10-31-2010 04:11 AM

I have one if you want to buy it. Pm me if you want me.

lutze 11-08-2010 05:40 AM

tbake - pm sent

Just to update, the car apparently has a Pioneer head unit, which (according to realoem) makes a difference on the cd cassette.

wolferj-RIP 11-09-2010 04:58 AM

You would need a cd changer with the m-bus connector (round plug) to work with your current head unit. The later models (96 and later) "usually" came with an i-bus connector (small square plug).

The CD-43 and CD-20 business head units use the i-bus connector for the changer. The head units should be plug and play with your existing stereo wiring with the exception of the changer cable. You could source a later style cable for the radio to cd connection, but the power supply connection is different and would need to be modded to work.

Trevi 12-07-2010 11:54 PM

PM Sent.

lutze 12-07-2010 11:58 PM

@roadrash & John_in_VA: I did pick up Bruce's shelf off him, so I'll be trying the re-darkening process eventually here

@Trevi: Got it, thanks. B/c I have the Pioneer setup and would be using the Pioneer 6-disc already in the trunk, I think I have to replace the headunit with another Pioneer rather than the Alpine.

LostCause 12-08-2010 10:11 PM

ive got a black parcel shelf for sale, pm me.

lutze 12-08-2010 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostCause (Post 287214)
ive got a black parcel shelf for sale, pm me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lutze (Post 287163)
@roadrash & John_in_VA: I did pick up Bruce's shelf off him, so I'll be trying the re-darkening process eventually here.

Found one already, but thank you for the offer. Now, if you happened to have a spare unbroken set of the rear speaker covers/parcel shelf hinges we could be in business :smile: