318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Wheels and Tires (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Breytons (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=35968)

SSupa68 04-12-2012 01:47 AM

Breytons

2 Attachment(s)
What do you guys think? Are these as rare as the seller is implying?Attachment 12518

Attachment 12519

teen ti 04-12-2012 02:33 AM

Breyton are good quality german wheels but i don't think they're as nice as BBS. I think new they go for about $200-$300 a wheel. I wouldn't call Breytons in general rare but these look like they're a bit older and probably are discontinued which is what the seller is implying. What is he looking to get for them, if I may ask?

SSupa68 04-12-2012 02:38 AM

They're asking $400

teen ti 04-12-2012 02:40 AM

id say thats a fair price, they're good quality wheels and look like they're in pretty good shape

Klassen 04-20-2012 09:46 PM

Those are old skool design Breytons, $400 is very good price as long as there's no cracks nor major damages. GL

cooljess76 04-20-2012 10:11 PM

I see so many people buy wheels just because they pop up locally or they're cheap. Wheels and tires are a pretty big part of your car's looks & performance. You wouldn't paint your car if a guy came up to you in a parking lot and said he has a really good deal on brown paint would you? When it comes to something as big as wheels, it's always better to wait until you find exactly what YOU want. Don't settle for something simply because it's rare, cheap or local. Figure out what kind of wheels you want, set some cash aside and then shop around for those wheels. You'll be happier and your car will look better, or at least the way YOU want it to. Ask yourself this, If you were thumbing through a catalog and seen those wheels, would you choose them over everything else? Personally I think they're ugly.

ti cali ed 04-20-2012 10:47 PM

I don't think the price is out of line. I can't say I like the look either. Seems like even in the used market there are tons of wheels at this this point. If it's what you want get'em if they aren't don't. I don't think there rarity is going to drive up demand any.

SSupa68 04-21-2012 01:25 AM

I do appreciate the responses. Notice my original post was asking about rarity/scarcity of the wheels. Personally, I like an open style with a lip,but they did caught my eye for a sec. In a way, I was just putting it out there to see if there might be some interests (seeing as they're so rare).

BimmerBum 04-21-2012 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooljess76 (Post 327531)
I see so many people buy wheels just because they pop up locally or they're cheap. Wheels and tires are a pretty big part of your car's looks & performance. You wouldn't paint your car if a guy came up to you in a parking lot and said he has a really good deal on brown paint would you? When it comes to something as big as wheels, it's always better to wait until you find exactly what YOU want. Don't settle for something simply because it's rare, cheap or local. Figure out what kind of wheels you want, set some cash aside and then shop around for those wheels. You'll be happier and your car will look better, or at least the way YOU want it to. Ask yourself this, If you were thumbing through a catalog and seen those wheels, would you choose them over everything else? Personally I think they're ugly.

I agree with Jess... but I like brown.