318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Suspension (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Who Here Has Purchased the DDM Suspension (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23676)

Marv17 09-16-2008 09:21 PM

Who Here Has Purchased the DDM Suspension

Alright so I read up on a thread where DDM is selling a suspension kit for the ti. Wanted to see if anyone on this forum has bought it yet? I did see that angel318ti bought the coilover set.

if anyone has bought it and installed it please let us all know how it is. Is it good? good handling? good quality??

elchicano 09-16-2008 11:32 PM

i brought this up a while back. From the pics people came with the conclusion that they were crap. Also there was some issues with them as well. Your talking about the coil overs right? I was thinking about them but i think i might just go with H&R springs.

Marv17 09-17-2008 12:24 AM

hmm....

madfronter 09-17-2008 12:28 AM

Its says they are H&R which is a very well know brand. Though I have no clue about the set up since I do not have.

E36 318ti H&R Coil Over Suspension
Front: adj. -1.0"-2.5" / Rear: adj. 1.0"-2.0". Blueprinted as coil overs (not just a modified shock body), the H&R units are hand made in Germany by H&R Spezialfedern, under ISO 8001 Quality Assurance Standards. H&R Coil Overs are designed specifically for the 318ti chassis with the added feature of ride-height adjustable rear suspension - something not found on many other 318ti coil over kits. Special H&R Coil-Over Wrenches are included in this price.

spidertri 09-17-2008 12:33 AM

Marv is talking about the DDM Tuning Brand Coilovers, at the very top of the coilover page for $750. The 318ti ones aren't on sale yet.

Marv17 09-17-2008 12:37 AM

i know about the bilsteins and H&Rs package. which is the best that i know of so far; with best reviews.
but yes like spider mentioned DDM has their own brand of coilcovers. they do have it but not priced on the forum. Angel318ti has purchased it for his ti. so i wonder what he thinks about it so far.

Variance 09-17-2008 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marv17 (Post 193497)
i know about the bilsteins and H&Rs package. which is the best that i know of so far; with best reviews.
but yes like spider mentioned DDM has their own brand of coilcovers. they do have it but not priced on the forum. Angel318ti has purchased it for his ti. so i wonder what he thinks about it so far.

Angel did not purchase a set for his ti, but rather for his 325. The ti coilovers have yet to even go into production.

Marv17 09-17-2008 02:51 AM

ah. thanks for the clarification.

elchicano 09-17-2008 04:47 AM

Yup it's going to be a while before they do the ones for the Ti. But like i said before there is some flaws to them.

edit:
here goes the thread i posted about them.
http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthrea...&highlight=DDM

angel318ti 09-17-2008 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elchicano318ti (Post 193534)
Yup it's going to be a while before they do the ones for the Ti. But like i said before there is some flaws to them.

edit:
here goes the thread i posted about them.
http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthrea...&highlight=DDM

What flaws are you talking about? I do have the 325i kit. I have them installed and I am pleased. I talked to Casey from DDM for hours about this kit and he assured me since it was the first kit produced for the E36 that if I had any issues to let them know and they would fix anything that went wrong with them. For the price you pay you can't beat this deal.

mohaughn 09-17-2008 08:27 AM

Can you take some high quality pics of the welds and the different brackets. Did yours come with brackets for the brake sensor and speed sensors?

spidertri 09-17-2008 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angel318ti (Post 193551)
What flaws are you talking about? I do have the 325i kit. I have them installed and I am pleased. I talked to Casey from DDM for hours about this kit and he assured me since it was the first kit produced for the E36 that if I had any issues to let them know and they would fix anything that went wrong with them. For the price you pay you can't beat this deal.

That post is from the beginning of August, in the time since, people complained to DDM about the welds and other weak looking areas from the pictures posted on BF.c. I believe that DDM has addressed most of the issues that people were complaining about.

elchicano 09-17-2008 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spidertri (Post 193562)
That post is from the beginning of August, in the time since, people complained to DDM about the welds and other weak looking areas from the pictures posted on BF.c. I believe that DDM has addressed most of the issues that people were complaining about.

Yup if you look at the thread i posted some people were concerned about the welds and other areas. I don't really know if DDM fixed it or not. I have to check it out bf.c. Well anyways they still haven't made the ones for the Ti. We could prolly hear from some people here that are testers.

mohaughn 09-17-2008 06:48 PM

At this point, I would need to see another picture of the final product to really know. Those other pictures looked like they were not even for a BMW other than having the right lower mount point.

It is obvious that they are working with a generic manufacturer of copied parts. They've mentioned it in their threads.

Only time will tell if these are quality suspension kits or not. I would not, however, expect the quality, workmanship, or support that you get from your other leading suspension vendors. But as I've never seen the stuff, I could be completely wrong. Just have to weigh the unknowns against the cost.

Variance 09-22-2008 05:54 AM

mohaughn,

Where are the ABS, brake, and speed sensors located? If my understanding is correct, the ti coils are still in the engineering/pre-production phase, so I'm sure Jim would be thankful for anything brought to his attention while changes are most easily made.