318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Induction (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Just finished myh DASC Install. (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4938)

ZeroG 03-27-2005 04:39 PM

Just finished my DASC Install.

I completed a DASC Install on my 99' TI about a week or so ago. I did the install over a weekend and took approx. 20 hours (I took my time) The first time I started her she started right up and idled like a champ, no vacume leaks or anything. Anyone do an install take your time it will come out better.

I do not have have any dyno charts but they will be forth coming. I had all bracket Powerder Coated "Flat Black" to make the install clean and all had all the intake manifolds "Extrude Honed" (www.extrudehone.com). I can post pictures on the manifolds if anyone is interested.

I would like to send a thanks out to all the people that participated in the group buy, as well Nick G and Jim @ DA for offering great discounts.

I also cannot forget Gerry Dorison for his great write up and the help he provided to me before the install. Thanks Gerry.

The pictures can be viewed at:

http://www.318ti.org/gallery/showgal...500&ppuser=551

DustenT 03-27-2005 05:24 PM

Good work! Glad to hear the install went good. The brackets look really nice power-coated. I had a friend help with my DASC install and it took about 14 hours. The DASC kit is really impressive. I haven't had a single problem since I installed mine about 12k miles ago.

Now what? Water-injection, pulley?

ZeroG 03-28-2005 03:39 AM

Thanks ....

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustenT
Good work! Glad to hear the install went good. The brackets look really nice power-coated. I had a friend help with my DASC install and it took about 14 hours. The DASC kit is really impressive. I haven't had a single problem since I installed mine about 12k miles ago.

Now what? Water-injection, pulley?

Dustin,

Thanks... As for next, not a whole lot planned as of yet. We'll see, I am thinking some dyno runs, and some more driving once I get some miles down, I will think about making changes.

-Chad

marcus2116 03-28-2005 05:40 AM

how much did you guys get them for on the group buy

ClubSport 03-28-2005 06:16 AM

What did the extrude hone cost, and how long did it take them to get the parts back to you?

ZeroG 03-28-2005 05:05 PM

Group Buy; Info ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcus2116
how much did you guys get them for on the group buy

The cost on the group buy was $2850.00, if I recall.

-Chad

ZeroG 03-28-2005 05:07 PM

Extrude Hone ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClubSport
What did the extrude hone cost, and how long did it take them to get the parts back to you?

I got a really good deal as I met the owner at SEMA, so if anyone is interested in the service let me know. I think there normal cost for a 4 Cyl . EFI Manifold is over $420, and then the elbow is like another $50. I can get it all done for $400 + Shipping which is like $15 or so.

Turn around is 2-3 Weeks, more like three.

Let me know if you are interested.

-Chad

m44ic 03-31-2005 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroG
I got a really good deal as I met the owner at SEMA, so if anyone is interested in the service let me know. I think there normal cost for a 4 Cyl . EFI Manifold is over $420, and then the elbow is like another $50. I can get it all done for $400 + Shipping which is like $15 or so.

Turn around is 2-3 Weeks, more like three.

Let me know if you are interested.

-Chad

A little off topic but are the individual runners for the DASC manifold circular?

ZeroG 03-31-2005 07:15 AM

DASC Runners ..

Quote:

Originally Posted by m44ic
A little off topic but are the individual runners for the DASC manifold circular?

The runners on the DASC manifold are they same size and shape as the stock intake runners. It is mor oval like then cicular.

-Chad

97Hellrot318ti 03-31-2005 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroG
The cost on the group buy was $2850.00, if I recall.

-Chad

WOW that's low... how come I didn't know about this one? I guess I'm waiting until my warranty is up to start a group buy...

96cali 03-31-2005 03:57 PM

ZeroG- Just saw your photo album. Is that your GF? Think I saw a bimmer or two in there also... some nice, uh, headlights. :blink:

ZeroG 03-31-2005 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 96cali
ZeroG- Just saw your photo album. Is that your GF? Think I saw a bimmer or two in there also... some nice, uh, headlights. :blink:

Nah ... The girl with cars is just some pin up chic that was at the BMW Planetfest. She is a Bimmer whore. She went through the parking lot from one Bimmer to the next. I guess she get around. lol

-Chad

sKunkman 03-31-2005 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 97Hellrot318ti
WOW that's low... how come I didn't know about this one? I guess I'm waiting until my warranty is up to start a group buy...

I think supercharging doesnt void your warranty....but turbocharging does.

Adog2107 04-01-2005 08:02 AM

how fast are quarter mile times on dasc'd ti's anyone in the 13's i know our cars aren't for the strip but why not have some fun there

Prada 04-01-2005 05:54 PM

Hello,
the return vapors oil
is connected
into the intake manifold
or
free out of motor?????

Thanks.