View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 08:03 PM   #1
ATF

Default Custom ti LED Taillights

So I'm holding out until summer to pick up my own ti and I really wanted LED taillights (I don't care if there are other problems on the car first, i want my damn LED taillights!) So I did some browsing and research and couldn't find one damn premade assembly.

So I was like, durr I'll just make my own on a PCB and wire it up to the existing socket and I'm golden. Did a little googling and came across a motorcycle LED bulb retrofit, and it struck me. I'll just buy an "LED Bulb". So my dilemma continues, I checked out Bavarian Auto to guide me in the direction of the correct bulb type to use. But that didn't really help me much since they offer both dual and single element bulbs.

What it comes down to, I've gone onto realoem and pulled up the parts diagram for the rear taillight. http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...85&hg=63&fg=20
They don't tell me what kind of bulbs they are though!!!! I'm lacking a ti right now, so I cant exactly rip apart my imaginary oe lighting assembly and figure it out myself..

So if someone could tell me what type/size bulbs 4, 5, 6, and 7 are in the RealOEM schematic, that would be wonderful.

p.s. the site i've been looking at to get the "LED Bulbs" is
autolumination.com

they offer 7225 Baz15d bulb types that have the 150* offset needed for some sockets and 1157/1156 bulb types.

Thanks
ATF is offline   Reply With Quote