View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 12:05 AM   #3
ipswich318ti

The badge is heeled to the boot buy the cage. Number 3 on the link.
You need to make sure that the cage can mount on to the outer skin very flat. The problem I had was some of the inner skin was stopping the cage. That's why there is such a big messy hole.

Once you made the outer hole the right size. A little bit tight is not a bad thing. It helps with keeping it in place when trying to mount the cage on to the back.
There should be 3 torx bolts on the back of the badge, loosen theses off as much as you can. Don't take them out it makes the fitting even harder.
Push the main badge in to the hole and get it all lined up and looking right. You don't want to be driving around with a wonky badge.
You need to get the cage and line up the torx bolts with the holes in the cage, once all lines up and throw the holes. Turn the cage and it should then lock on to the back of the badge. You can then do the bolts up.

Don't forget to put the o ring (2 in the link) on the back of the badge once it is fitted in the hole. If you do it the way it does not work. There is all ready a seal on the back of the badge to help stop the water going in to the boot.

That's it for fitting really. Don't think I left any thing out.
Once it's all done this is what you should be left with

For wiring up the badge to the popper, I'm still working on that. But thanx to JohnW who points out a relay that will help stop the badge from being on all the time. I'll sort that write up out later.

Any questions of any thing PM.
AxiosUK@hotmail.com

MESSAGE ME FOR MORE INFORMATION
ipswich318ti is offline   Reply With Quote