View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 05:34 AM   #1
bananajack

Default 1995 318ti. Buy?

Hey all. I'm new to this forum, but not new to 318ti's. I had to part with my previous TI when I left Germany, and am now back in the States, where they are unfortunately much harder to find. I don't currently have a vehicle, so I'd like to find a TI soon... otherwise I'm probably going to end up losing money on a used vehicle purchased for temporary transportation (and resold after finding a good ti). I'm also a bit picky. I want a black/black... or a silver/black, and am not interested in automatics. Now, after that long intro, I've found one close by that meets my criteria: a black/black 95 manual. I believe it's an active... it has fog lights. From what I can tell, it appears to be in very good condition, both mechanically and cosmetically. It has 170K miles on it. I've been unable to talk the owner down... he's pretty firm on his asking price of 4K USD, which I realize is well over KBB value. Buy a car for temporary use and keep waiting? What do you think? What's the average life on an M42? I've seen several advertised with over 200K miles... are these the exceptions? Or the norm? Thanks...
bananajack is offline   Reply With Quote