View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 06:08 AM   #3
M3_KILL3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoxerwgn View Post
There should be 2 in the front kick panel, 2 in each front door panel, and 2 in the back, for a total of 8 speakers. BMW calls this their HI-FI system. The HK system is refered to as Top HI-FI.

I agree that the stock stereo stinks. What I did was install a Pioneer head unit that has some built-in high pass filters. I then installed a small Infiniti Sub in the back of the car. All I did was screw the amp onto the back of the sub box to make 1 unit and then wire the whole thing up. I then used the headunit to internally turn off the lows going to the stock speakers and only send the lows to the sub. The stock speakers sound great if they don't have to handle any bass.
+1 hes right the stock ones sounds GREAT with a extra sub in the back and with an amp powering them they sound amazing! one thing how did you cut off the lows to the speakers? did the HU have the capability or did you jimmy it?

i have rockfords all around and getting an infinity sub soon with a new HU so far the rockfords have really good sound im impressed with the dynamics of the stock system....all our cars are missing are some bass other than that they are well made...