View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 06:09 PM   #16
mohaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko View Post
as for the 'bimmerforums' - there is no need whatsoever to ever go onto that site... this site can anwer all questions you may have very well, & the people seem much nicer.
There are a lot of very knowledgeable and helpful people in the track section on Bfc. Although, they will usually make a point to differentiate themselves from the rest of the forum. It is pretty common to see a stupid comment by a regular Bfc member in the track section which will usually be followed by on of the regulars asking the other person if they posted in the wrong place.

I've taken my car to plenty of driving events and most BMW enthusiasts think it is a cool little car. I get a lot of miata drivers that like my car. In fact, one of my first instructors races a spec miata but used to race a 318ti. He only switched to the Miata as there is more competition for those cars. Not to many people racing 4 cylinder BMWs here in the south.

There are haters everywhere. Don't let the idiots on Bfc ruin your impression of the BMW enthusiast community as a whole. If I had to guess, the people doing the hating are not BMWCCA members. Join BMWCCA, and see how accepting of your car those guys are.
mohaughn is offline   Reply With Quote