Thread: The Brembo Saga
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 09:23 AM   #4
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceyx View Post
You have Brembos but need the calipers? I'm confused as to what you actually have.

Also, I think it's overkill. Good pads and fresh fluid are usually good enough.
+1 wtf? You said you got a set of OEM Brembos from an EVO, and you're planning on running e36 M3 or e46 330 rotors, but you need to source the calipers? So what exactly do you have from the EVO then? I also have to agree with aceyx on it being overkill. Unless you're putting down 200, stockies with good pads and fresh fluid are fine. It's not the size of the rotors that makes the difference, it's the size of the calipers. You're gonna have to run atleast 17" wheels to clear the bigass 6 piston calipers and unless you're running SS brake lines and a bigger MC, they're not going to work properly. The bias is going to be significantly off, unless you upgrade rears as well. That's where the problems occur. We're pretty limited with our rear brakes because of the suspension. You might be able to get M Coupe or Z3 calipers to work. Either way, I'm interested to hear how this works out for you and I wish you the best of luck. Keep us updated.