View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 05:05 AM   #10
captain7

Thanks guys. We bought the car as a first car for my daughter. I could have been that lucky to have a car like this when I was 16. But, being a 96 model with that many miles is saving us $100 a month in insurance. Yes you get what you pay for. Inspection procedures in Missouri are not that strict. I have already had 3 garages tell me that they do not take any readings on the cat. As long as it is there, is good enough.

Thanks for the sensor info. I will look to see what kind I have, then purchase one that I can just cut off the end and solder a the old end on. They look like they are running ball park $50. I was told that the code "bank one" means the sensor before the cat. So that is my first victim.

We may have to just get used to the rattling noise from under the car and the "check engine" light being on. Kinda like my first car or truck being a bug fogger. I got used to it.

Now I am bragging. The car doesn't smoke, leak or otherwise use oil. The only rattle is the exhaust system. If I let go of the steering wheel, the car tracks straight. Nor does it pull when the brakes are applied and it stops. It takes turns and bumps great with none of the suspension system showing wear or leaks. The body has only one small dent with no rust. The tires are not worn especially unevenly. So we did get our $$ worth, except for this cat thing. If anything, we can save the $$$ and repair later.

I can't express enough how much this newbie appreciates all this help and the nice comments. I can take any rubbing especially the bragging about my $500car. Keep it coming, cool to read all this.
Thanks again!!
Fireman Jim
captain7 is offline   Reply With Quote