View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 06:05 PM   #1
Borg561

Default Aftermarket headunit

Okay, so before I traded my old car in, I yanked my JVC headunit out of it with the intention of having it put into my Ti. I bought it at Best Buy a few years ago and they installed it in my last two car.

My '97 Ti has the 10 speaker sound system and I've read of the issues with it and an aftermarket headunit. I've read back through this forum (think I stopped around page 20) and now my head is spinning. I was planning on taking the car in to Best Buy again and have them do it, but then I read someone say that apparently Best Buy isn't supposed to work on BMWs. Would I be better of spending a little extra money and taking it into a professional car audio place and have them do it?

Don't have the money to upgrade the speakers & amp right now, so I'm stuck with what's in the car. Right now I just really want to get a CD player (that plays MP3/WMA files) into the car, as I'm getting bored of the radio.

Also, what's the little red blinky light on the stock headunit (C33 model) next to the power/volume know? I don't think my car has the factory alarm system and I read it's light is near the cigarette lighter anyway.

Justin
Borg561 is offline   Reply With Quote