View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 12:55 PM   #34
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Here's an update guys, sorry still no pics.

I'm still playing the waiting game with DDM, but on another note my package arrived from PelicanParts yesterday. I ordered some hood cowl/windshield wiper motor covers, an intake boot and some door molding clips. The clips weren't in the package and customer service said they were on order and should arrive later in the week. This kinda sucks because I removed the moldings from both of my cars since the '97's clips were shot also. Half of them broke and I think I'm going to need some more. So neither car has moldings right now and they look horrible with holes along both sides.

Last night I swapped the hood from my '97 onto the CS since the CS's hood was oxidized and peeling. While I had the hood off of my '97, I installed the wiper motor covers. They look so much better and the old ones practically fell apart when I was removing them. Then I installed a carbon fiber hood courtesy of my good friend and fellow SoCal Ti member lazoh. The hood looks great on the '97. I had plans of painting it, but it goes well with the Schwarz II so I'm going to rock it for a while. Both foglights on the CS were cracked, so I stole the ones from my '97 and installed them.

One of the windshield washer nozzle clips on the CS broke, but the nozzle still fits snug, maybe I'll snatch one up at a junkyard or something. Upon installing the new intake boot on the CS, I noticed that the serpentine belt was misaligned on the lower pulley. Easy fix, ticking noise solved. Replaced the intake boot, no more duct tape. The previous owner had a home made CAI made out of a dryer duct. I ripped that out and reinstalled the stock snorkel that he kindly left in the cargo area.

I'm waiting for my Depos and fogs from DDM and a few molding clips from Pelican Parts. The old moldings actually broke on the backside where the clips attach in a few places. I'm just going to use JB Weld to permanently attach the clips to the moldings where needed and then snap them onto the car. I don't feel like buying new moldings and I don't want the next owner to find out that the moldings are stuck on the car because some idiot got crazy while sniffing glue. If I glue the clips to the moldings and then snap the moldings onto the car, he/she will still be able to remove them if needed.

I have an OEM lip courtesy of saintse36, but it's a little beat up. I'm thinking about sanding it down and putting it on the CS, but I might use it on the '97 if it comes out good. I have a set of M3 mirrors that need to be painted before installing them on the CS. I'm going to have them and the top portion of the rear bumper sprayed at the same time.

Tomorrow I'll buy new wiper blades for both cars, then I'm gonna try to figure out the exhaust rattle. It doesn't sound like a rattling cat, but more like a shroud touching something. It only does it at 2600 RPMs, but If I can't fix it I'll just steal the exhaust from my other car.

Well, that's about all for now guys, I swear pics will follow. I've put a lot of work into this thing and I just want her to look pretty before I show her off.