View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 03:10 AM   #1
keenanj

Unhappy 318tiA 1997 for sale, NJ

...because we have a 1.5 year old. Was OK in the beginning, but now getting our child in and out is impossible. Will really miss this car, it's great (but don't buy to commute kids!).

Two owners, my wife and I (I am a professor) and my mother in law who we bought it from about 5 years ago. 135,000 miles, daily commuter, really good shape. Pics coming.
Here is a quick look at the specs
1997 318tiA
Morea Green paint
Sand Grey Cloth Interior
Electric Sunroof
Heated front seats
Active Package
Automatic
LoJack
Six-CD changer
ASC

Quirks:
The analog gauge sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. The digital works fine. This has been like this since its inception. If you use the active computer, you are fine. Oddly, the low-fuel indicator works, even when that gauge itself is in one of its moods.
The airbag light has also always been on. The airbags are fine, never been in an accident I have had it checked numerous times and I am assured that it is fine.
The brake light is now on and the brake light on the passenger side is not working since I just got it serviced and new brakes put in! This was done in January, I have no clue about this, but the brakes are fine! In fact, they have never been better!
The cloth is slightly stained, and there are a couple nicks in the paint, but it is in great shape. No dents, no rust, nothing major or even close to major.

This car has been only dealer serviced. I can get the records, but there is nothing major, radiator replaced, window regulator, water pump etc... I absolutely love this car and wouldn't sell it unless we had had a kid. Again, I will post pictures tomorrow of the car. I got a 3,300 offer from the dealer which was admittedly low on their part, as part of a trade-in. They said it was negotiable (if I wanted to buy a 5-series, gotta love the dealers-AH!). Anyway, I have been on this site over the years and I think this car could go to a good home. Email with any questions.