View Single Post
Old 04-06-2005, 02:59 AM   #6
mickd

I was curious about the sound of the Stromung exhaust so I watched the videos on the Understeer.com website. I don't think I could live with the loudness of that one day to day. That in car vid was just way too loud, even at idle. The driving videos sound too much like the ricers, don't want my German car to sound like that. Some have said the Supersprint exhaust is quiet, and have compared it to stock. Those who said this must not have had one on their car. It is considerably louder than stock, and gets noticeably louder when you get on it. I really think it fits the character of the 318ti, and BMW's in general, understated when you want it to be, and louder when you are doing some serious driving. From those Stromung vids, I don't think the Stromung fits very well in the opening in the diffuser on M-Tech bumpers, the tip sticks out to far and the round tip doesn't look as good as the rectangular tip on the Supersprint, which fits the opening perfectly, the tip end flush with the diffuser, centered perfectly, like it was designed for the car. It appears the Stromung hangs too low, the tip is too low in the opening, and the rear muffler is really visible from the back of the car, not so with the Supersprint. After watching that video, I'm glad I have the Supersprint, Just my opinion, so don't flame me. If your'e happy with your Stromung, that's all that matters.
mickd is offline   Reply With Quote