View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 02:12 AM   #1
LgW814

Default Project ....318It

Hi all....im new to this board and have only posted a few times....wanted to see if i could get some feedback....

Heres the deal, ive been doing body work, for about 3 years off and on, but i have never been given the chance to paint....which bothers me, but oh well, i decided to look for a project car, and found the 318ti.... im hoping to prime her tommorrow .... my plans for the car are to white it out, moldings( middle door , fender and rear quarter) bumpers and rockers, and handles.

1) any of you guys paint your moldings to match? how does it look?

2) i got a hold of a new front bumper cheap, but i dont think im going to be happy with it( after seeing other options) but i couldnt beat the price, so i got it. then i seen the jetta Mk3 how-to and i def want to do this....whats this piece i need called?(like if i were to be calling junkyards for one) what year jetta's is it found on? anyone have one they want to sell? Imho this car needs it..

3) has anyone ever taken out thier windshield washer nozzles? well the wire broke coming out of the unit ( electrical connection, not fluid) has anyone had this happen? did you fix em yourself?

4) whats the cheapest place to get emblems? i need front and rear

5) i was given these bmw rims, i was thinkin about paintin them white too, what you guys think?

im also looking into maybe doing some blue stripes down the car, its my first over-all paint job, and i kind of wanted to do something a little different, but well see... anyone have any suggestions???

new 318ti.org sticker coming soon.... i think thats all for now , heres what shes lookin like now...

(ps this is a budget build)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	DSC00048.jpg Views:	138 Size:	37.6 KB ID:	6769   Click image for larger version Name:	DSC00050.jpg Views:	123 Size:	32.9 KB ID:	6770   Click image for larger version Name:	DSC00047.jpg Views:	130 Size:	52.1 KB ID:	6771  

Click image for larger version Name:	9-2-08 016.jpg Views:	132 Size:	59.3 KB ID:	6772   Click image for larger version Name:	DSC00043.JPG Views:	134 Size:	65.4 KB ID:	6773