View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 03:01 PM   #1
spidertri

Vehicles
Default Rogue Engineering Transmission Mounts

Ever since I bought my car it seemed like it took too much effort to shift the gearbox for a stock shifter. I had test driven other tis and none of them felt that way.

At first I thought it might be old trans fluid, so I changed that and used RP synchromax. That helped a little bit but didn't completely fix the problem. I searched around and read about the different trans mounts. I wanted something that would give me a good shift feel and could be used for daily driving.

I decided on the Rogue Engineering mounts and ordered them from BimmerWorld. Installed them last weekend (very easy to do). However, when I got under the car to take the stock mounts off I discovered that the two nuts on the top of the stock mounts were completely loose. I was able to easily spin them off by hand. This no doubt contributed to the problem I was having. I installed the Rogue mounts to the proper torque spec and went for a test drive.

It was immediately noticeable that shifts were smoother and engaging more accurately. I have been driving with it for a couple of days now and I have not noticed any new or different vibrations. Definitely a worthwhile mod if you are having trouble shifting easily.

Stock mounts vs Rogue
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	P1010215.jpg Views:	183 Size:	96.0 KB ID:	6976  

98 328ti Morea Grun slicktop
11 128i space gray slicktop
13 JGC WK2 Deep Cherry

Search | RealOEM
spidertri is offline   Reply With Quote