View Single Post
Old 04-27-2005, 02:55 AM   #14
Csvt

Quote:
Originally Posted by m44ic
Alright so last saturday night I was just cruisin around cuz I was bored and and this 2001 civic Si pulls along side me and its one of my buddies riding with a guy from work. The guy driving was like "ha, a 318, they are weak, what a discrace to bmw" of course my friend was like that car is not weak. Anyway we pulled to a stop light and the light turns green and both of us didnt luanch but we hit in first gear at about 3k and then let off at about 45mph in second gear. And by the time I let off I was atleast 3-4 car lengths ahead, so he comes back up next to me and I said were you even on it? And the guy is cursing and all pissed off and my friend in the passenger seat was just laughing so hard cuz the guy was so pissed off. Afterwards my friend said that he was on it the hole time and he caught second gear rubber, which to me is weird cuz the civic Si's are rated at 160hp and a 15.9 1/4 mile and my car runs mid 16's. I was wondering how I beat him, so I did a little research to find out why. I think its because honda's engines make very little torque for their size and that the i-VTEC in the b20 doesnt kick in untill 5,500 rpm, so he was only in VTEC for about a half of a second which was why he got his @ss handed to him.
Ross, I'll bring the Camera this weekend so then i can host the vid for you smoking him again
and Yes i just joined to post this and to let everyone know that there will be a vid of you spanking him again... if he decides to race

I agree with GDB about them being underrated.. just like you spanked my old car with your slipping clutch
Csvt is offline   Reply With Quote