Thread: DASC Tune-up
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 01:22 AM   #3
performanceisland

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxJohnBoyxxx View Post
Did you know you can adjust the bypass valve?

There is a adjustment screw on there and mine was off a few turns not letting the valve close completely so boost was leaking back and looping through the SC. Also I found if you put the vacuum line from the bypass valve to the boost port nipple instead of the TB vaccum port the boost pressure helps to press the flap close tighter.

Just a few FYI's if your a little light on boost. It doesn't cost anything to check that adjustment.
ok so my boost guage works, the vac is at about 18 at idle, then when i drive and floor it the boost guage shows 6psi, then it jumps/spikes to about 8psi when i hit the rev limiter at which point the transmission light goes on, and i have to turn the car of and restart it to get rid of the light, although the light doesnt limit my trans to 3rd and 4th gears as it tipically does when it goes on.

why only 6 psi? im in illinois where it is no more then 30 degrees F outside. could this be the same problem you had, should i check my bypass valve, how can i tell if thats it?
why trans light?
performanceisland is offline   Reply With Quote