View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 05:18 AM   #1
yoda

Vehicles
Default Cars with Premium Sound Option

Hey guys...
I was wondering if I could just hook up my Kenwood HU to the Factory Premium Sound Amplifier through the amplified/charged cables coming out of the radio...
And the answer is YES!...
The previous owner had installed some crappy sound system somewhere, that the guy simply took a cutter to all the cables in the rear!...
I hooked everything back together in the rear... then I followed the color codes posted here by a member... and it works wonderfully!...
Much better sound than just with the radio powering the speakers. The only thing that it doesn't retain is the Volume adjustment at Speeds, unless of course your aftermarket HU has that available as an option... then hook it up!...
FYI
BMW's Premium Sound Systems are Designed and Tuned for each vehicle. What this means is that whoever manufactures the Equipment, has engineers with measuring tools placed around the cabin, drive around and measure the Frequency responses... while they do this they are programing/Equalizing the Amplifier so that you get the Flattest Frequency response on that Vehicle. In other and simple terms... that sound system comes EQUALIZED for optimum sound for your car, getting an "Equal" amount of BASS/MID/HIGH's so that you can hear every nuance of sound coming from the speakers... Of course this doesn't mean that our Hatchbacks don't need a bit more BASS... cause they DO! But those 10 speakers are getting the right amount of power and equalization for each and every one of them... all you would really need to do is add a bit of a thump to complete it!...

I brought this Idea up with WolferJ when I picked up the wheels... and I just did it... and it sounds so much freaking better!.... I'm HAPPY!...

Custom JohnBoy Turbo, Midnight-Tunning Software, HKS BOV, e-Pod Gauge Pod, BavAuto Springs, Bilstein Sport, e30 3.73 LSD, Depo P36, Apexcone 55w HID, OEM Spoiler, M3 Lip, M3 Mesh Grill, Crossdrilled Rear Rotors, M3 Front Brakes, Sparco 3 point Harness, Euro M3 Wheel, K&N cone, Clear Corner/Sides/Tails, M3 Center Console & Arm-rest, M3 Red Cluster Needles, M3 Mirrors & Side Skirts, RD Exhaust, DS-1 wheels!...
yoda is offline   Reply With Quote