Thread: Ti weigh-in
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 12:41 AM   #40
mohaughn

Yeah, it was flat at 2500 when I was at Roebling Rd in Georgia, they have 4 wheel scales at the track there... That was with 3/4 tank of gas, I figure like 90 pounds of gas at least.. So 2410 without fuel, and I've easily lost 75 pounds since then..

I have no clue what the roll bar in my car weighs, but I also have two seats and two sets of 6 points. I'm sure the passenger seat, floor mounts, side mounts, and harnesses probably weight at least 40 pounds. I instruct with PCA, PBOC, and CHIN now, so I like having the passenger seat so I can take my students out for ride alongs.

I also had them really beef up the floor pan where the sub straps attach to the car as opposed to just using a 4x4 plate and washers bolted through the sheet metal. That probably adds a little bit of weight, but it still can lose a lot.

I still have the vast majority of the under car heat panels as well, everything around the cat and the transmission is still on the car. I've only removed the exhaust heat shield from the back of the car. If I remove the cat and put in a resonator that should be good for 10-15 pounds as well.

I need to figure out how to safely remove things like the bumper reinforcements and really need to spend more time going through the wiring in the car, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Do you tow your car to events? What are you doing for windows when towing?
mohaughn is offline   Reply With Quote