View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 03:51 AM   #15

This is the same guy I bought Josh's messed up and badly neglected old Club Sport from. He does like to ramble on, and isn't much for writing that would make an English teacher happy, but I found dealing with him to be very honest and straightforward.

He made it very clear to me that the car he bought from Josh was pretty rusty and that the photos I saw on ebay didn't show the rust and wear as well as seeing the car in person. Josh didn't say much about the rust in his ebay ad, and didn't show any pictures of it. Shame on him. Needless to say, I would buy another car from A, but not from Josh based on what I've seen of the two ads.

A is sorta in love with his M3, and I think he just likes it better, especially since it is a lot like his CS but faster. I think he also needs to devote more money to his family (another reason to like having 4 doors) and the M3, and not spend it on the Club Sport. He isn't as mechanically inclined as some of us, and I think the repairs it needs are more than he can afford unless he can do a lot of the work himself.

The insurance appraisal is what it is. He was very reasonable and realistic about the car I bought from him, and didn't try to tell me it was worth more because of the appraisal. There's a good reason why insurance companies are in such tough times, and it's not only the forces of mother nature.

vince
318318 is offline   Reply With Quote