View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 04:52 AM   #14
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

The M Z3 subframe isn't much stronger/better than ours! Besides that, IT'S THE SAME SEMI-TRAILING ARM DESIGN. The only benefit of using an MZ3 subframe and trailing arms would be the ability to run MZ3 rear brakes. The fact that you've considered a rear strut brace "but your subwoofer box is in the way", leads me to believe that you're a kid with mixed up priorities, lol. Trust me, there's plenty of people on this forum THAT ACTUALLY HAVE SWAPPED TI's and the Ti rearend is working just fine for them. My suggestion, work on getting that swap and HP goal met, then worry about how strong the rearend is. An e30 or equivellant LSD is a no-brainer and is absolutely necessary if you're going to do an engine swap. The small cased Ti diff simply can't handle the torque. A dual eared diff would be an awesome upgrade and there's even a kit available! However, it's not a necessity. Most of us run an e24, e28, e30, Z3, MZ3, or Mcoupe medium case diff. It's cool to have dreams, but until you actually put the thing on a dyno and make 375hp, it's just that, a dream.
cooljess76 is offline   Reply With Quote