Thread: ASC+T Mystery!
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 03:21 AM   #1
MPWR

Default ASC+T Mystery!

Got a new ti a couple of weeks ago. The engine is kinda dirty, and I've been slowly cleaning it. I noticed the intake bellows/boot had deteriorated and tried to order a new one. At which point I discovered the intake boot doesn't look as it should....

-97 ti M44, built 10/96
-Has ASC button and ASC light on dash, which works as it is supposed to
-VIN check shows car was built with ASC
-Does NOT have an ASC throttle body between the MAF and intake manifold throttle body
-Does not have any sign of a cable for an ASC throttle body, or a throttle position sensor for the ASC throttle
-No check engine light, or uncleared stored codes
-Previous owner said she had very occasionally driven on ice, and had seen the ASC function properly (without my describing what that would be)

Took it to the local dealer, and the parts guy and I had a fun half hour looking over the car and imagining/dismissing scenarios. He said something about ti's often had issues from the factory about options not being properly installed. He also said I should bring it back when the shop foreman can look it over (haven't gotten the chance yet). And there's not much snow here in June, so I've been unable to try the ASC out myself yet.

Anyone have any ideas why the ASC throttle might be missing, yet the car doesn't seem to miss it?
MPWR is offline   Reply With Quote