View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 04:53 PM   #16
hotmilk400

i uninstalled and reinstalled my bimmer radio like a million times and the worse that happened is i messed up the little clock next to it (it lost its coding, but i jsut bouight a cheap euro clock for like $20)

btw, the12volt is the sickest place ever.. i use to help a million people there with anything from radio installs to aftermarket alarm/door locks.

a nice place, but it was slow there awhile ago.

anyway.. do you have a complete wireing diagram?

probally not if you are asking questions.

anyway.. NOTHING WILL EFFECT YOUR CAR. the security is not tied into the radio for years 95 - 98

well, it is, but what happeneds is that your radio will NOT work after you remove it, but the car will work fine.
the radio locks up so you can never use it with a differnt car, and needs to be reprogramed to use it again. aftermarket is fine, dont worrie

anyway, if you need color codes, let me know

also, the 6 speaker systems , 95 - 98:
the telephone wire is white/brown
the cd changer is Yellow

the 10 speaker setup is differt for the 98, but let me know if you need it. i am gussing that is what u need since the CD player is tied into the cd changer (i know because i have a 98 with a 10 speaker system)

the color codes for the cd changer on a 98 with 10 speakers are
telephone Black
the cd changer has a bunch of colors.

ANYWAY, for a 98 10 speaker system , there IS AN AMP IN THE TRUNK, FOR THIS RADIO, you really should remove this amp and rewire your car to not use it. or, do liek me and buy an nice aftermarket amp and mount it to the back of the seat.

the speakers in a 10 speaker system is crazy since there are 10 speakers, and thats alot of work for a HU ... it wont be loud without an amp.

Green Your Decor with the Aspect! Shop for the Grow Light Used by Interior Designers, Growers & People Like You!
hotmilk400 is offline   Reply With Quote