View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 12:15 PM   #11
DGWGuitars

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosR View Post
Hey congratulations! My son is going out to Cali this week to pick mine up. Anything he should keep an eye on for the 1000 mile drive? I mean anything peculiar to the Ti other that temps, oil, tires, etc.? It's going to be a long wait and he has to visit family there so I must be patient, grasshopper. So enjoy your ride and soon I'll be posting mine on here too. What kind of gas mileage did you get?
Good luck with your ti. You've about hit the hot buttons on what to look for - just make sure that it's had a recent change of fluids. It would also help if he took an extended ride in it to evaluate all of the functions. Even though I gave the seller a non-refundable deposit, I was willing to walk away from it if I saw anything that I didn't like before I signed on the dotted line. I'd make sure that he keeps his eye on the guages so that if anything shows up he can react. I would also caution him to take it easy on it for a while until he feels comfortable that all is working well. I kept the speed between 60 - 65 for a couple hundred miles just to be sure all was OK. I was fortunate that mine was a low-mileage, one-owner car, so it was / is in pretty top shape.

The mileage was about 36 mpg without A/C and 35 with.

Again - good luck!
DGWGuitars is offline   Reply With Quote