View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 02:04 AM   #60
lpcapital

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnosker View Post
Sweet! That's awesome. You should put together kits!
That was a lot work, and I'm not looking forward to do it again... But everything can be done for the right price: for me that would be $1,000 per kit (all and all i spent about $800 in parts & welding labor) and I need at least 5 to start it.

I will provide all the parts, including a modified bracket for the alternator in exchange of yours.

However please note that this was done on a Z3: I don't know if the 318ti is exactly the same. Also note that some changes need to be done to the car: I had to cut the hole to run the hoses through and modify the power steering reservoir bracket. I'm not willing to invest any more time in this as I'm not interested in making a business out of it...

I would personally think it's best if someone else would first try to see if it works the same on the ti (as far as fitting goes) and if he/she wanna go ahead and make a kit out of it, I wouldn't mind nor ask for any royalty of any soruce... All I do is public knowledge and if someone wanna take economic benefit out of what I do, I have no problem with it...

I'm in the process of updating the list of part I bought: I'll post it so others can use it...

2003 Z4 2.5i
2002 Ducati Monster S4

Last edited by lpcapital; 12-03-2009 at 02:08 AM.
lpcapital is offline   Reply With Quote