View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 02:53 PM   #72
J!m

Vehicles

Shellback:

If you have specific questions feel free to send me an e-mail. What is interesting is that some items (like the service position on the hood) is covered in the manual, but you seem to have missed it.

"yeah, I found out about the service position on the sedan I'm parting."

Anyway, as a manual owner, you get free assistance from me, so you might as well use it!

The connectors under the hood look identical and plug in to one another just fine; however the individual pin outs have to be corrected between the two cars- hence the wiring diagrams. That is the big PITA of the swap for sure. It is different for just about every configuration too- so you REALLY need to understand the wiring diagrams and make the changes to get everything on-line. I can help get you going with this as well when you e-mail or call.

ABS will work fine; ASC will not. This is also detailed in the manual. (although ASC could be made to work, it is a big project...)

Transmission linkage is covered in detail. If you keep the ti tranny, you can either cut yours (specific, detailed instructions are in the manual for measuring correctly and cutting) or replace it with another (part numbers are in the manual for this). If you use the M3 tranny, use the M3 linkage with it. That is the simple solution.

To all current and potential swap manual owners:

There is a lot of information crammed in this manual. Please read it several times over before starting.

I am happy to answer any clarification questions you may have because you own the manual. What I then do (for all questions asked by all purchasers), is I add further detail to the manual to make it better. Continuous improvement!

But, posting here like this makes it appear that I have omitted important information from my manual, and although it is far from perfect, I have gone to great lengths to make it as good and complete as I possibly can.

Order Swap Manuals Here => http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12912

WolferJ- gone but not forgotten. R.I.P.
J!m is offline   Reply With Quote