View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 05:35 AM   #12
indiejack

Vehicles

Not trying to hi-jack the thread but I just had something like this happen to me today. I drove the car to work (like I do every day) and parked it in the parking garage. Come out to get on the road home this evening and I have power, windows work, stereo was on there was juice, but turning the key to the right had zero effect. A couple co-workers tried to help me pop the clutch and it sounded like it wanted to turn over, but it did not so it's stuck in my works parking garage for now. Unfortunately it's an underground garage shared by a local sporting venue and it cannot be in there over this coming weekend. And pushing it out is not an option, and the tow companies said nobody would bring their truck down there so does anybody have any suggestions on what I can do? If it's the starter I may be able to get to it with the help of a buddy but we'll be with limited light or tools.

All replies are greatly appreciated my 328ti brothers, it's a stock M42.

EDIT: Also, it doesn't have the typical whine as if the starter has gone bad (from previous vehicles that starters have gone bad on).

http://rivalhousegarage.com/rival-forumsig.jpg

Last edited by indiejack; 02-23-2010 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Added details on the issue at hand.
indiejack is offline   Reply With Quote