View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 08:32 PM   #15
mohaughn

I've seen web forums where the braille guys get all pissy when people say they are the same thing.. I think I paid 58$ for my 'power crank' branded deka battery. The only difference before was the warranty, so now, with the same warranty, there is no reason to buy a braille. They are just including the SAE battery posts that I posted already attached on the brailles.

You may have some issues with cranking power on very cold days if the car has sat for a day or two.. For the price, you can easily pick up one of the 16 or 18# batteries for the colder times of the year, and keep which ever one is out of the car on a battery tender mini to keep it in good shape. These things will last a long time if you put them on a battery tender frequently.

Without the tender, it might die in a year or two based on some threads I've read on bimmerforums. But, that usually happens once you let the battery completely discharge. I've never let mine do that. In Florida, the summer heat kills stock batteries every three to four years anyway. So it is still cheaper to use one of these AGM batteries even if you have to replace it twice as often.
mohaughn is offline   Reply With Quote