View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 02:47 AM   #8
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

I paid 3k for my '98 M3 donor with driver's front body/suspension damage. It had just over 100k miles on it, everything was immaculate. I removed the motor, tranny and all parts needed for my swap and set them aside including an almost new RE DMS exhaust. Then I sold everything else on bf.c, craigslist and ebay. Even after setting my parts aside, hooking up friends and letting some stuff go for dirt cheap, I still came out doubling my money. The door panels alone fetched me 500 bucks! The big ticket items are those parts that are unique to the M series. Bumpers, moldings, seats, steering wheels, wheels(if OEM), diff, suspension, brakes etc, that stuff sells quick and fetches top dollar if you clean them up and list them correctly. Don't forget about all of the Ti parts you'll have leftover if you do a swap. I could've made much more off of this stuff if I didn't hook all of my friends up. Parting out M's makes for a nice supplemental income. There's a couple e36 M3's here locally for under 5 grand, I'm thinking of buying another one just to part out on the weekends and it's not even wrecked! That means that I'd have an entire car worth of parts to sell including a motor and tranny. S50/S52 motor & tranny swaps typically sell for 3k.

Oh yeah, any black interior parts sell quick too. Everyone wants black interiors and everyone wants their 325/328 to look like an M3.

Last edited by cooljess76; 05-16-2010 at 02:49 AM.
cooljess76 is offline   Reply With Quote