Thread: Throttle cable?
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 04:51 PM   #39
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

It's pretty cut and dry, there weren't any major hang ups or head scratchers on this one. Maybe leave the throttle boddy end connected until you're ready to swap cables so you'll remember how it seats in the detent. The cable is held in the accelerator pedal with a rubber grommet. It pulls right out, might need a flathead screwdriver to pry it out. All you need to unclip the plastic guide from the firewall is a flathead screwdriver. I found that a stubby flathead was a little easier to handle in the tight space above the steering column. Start by depressing the top of the clip downward, the cable will tilt through the firewall, then depress the bottom of the clip upward and it'll push through the firewall. Steven and I found it easier to remove the driver's seat and lay on our backs, but it's not 100% necessary if you're small and flexible. If you do remove the seat, be sure to disconnect the battery before you unplug the SRS wires under the seat and only reconnect the battery after the SRS wires are plugged back in. Of course, if you have a factory radio, make sure you have the code before you disconnect the battery. You'll need to remove the dash underpanel. The knee buster panel is optional, I went ahead and removed it since it was only a couple screws and bolts, gave me a little more room to move around. There's a couple wires you'll need to unplug when you remove the underpanel, I think the door chime and legwell light. Oh and don't forget the screw for the OBD diagnostic port under the dash. For some reason it's connected to the underpanel, but it doesn't come out with the panel and you don't need to remove it, just remove the screw that connects it to the cardboard panel and you'll be set.

The only thing that I remember being a little confusing was the orientaton of the plastic guide as it snaps into the firewall. If you look carefully at the pic where I'm holding the cable, you'll notice that the guide isn't symmetrical. It's either angled upward or downward slightly. When you remove your old cable, make special note of which way it's angled coming out of the firewall. Hope that helps, let us know if you run into any snags and we'll try to walk you through it. Best of luck.

Last edited by cooljess76; 05-17-2010 at 04:55 PM.
cooljess76 is offline   Reply With Quote