View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 03:36 AM   #7
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond007 View Post
Update after this evening's quick wrench session:
* Two rivets were visibly missing from the SAP
* The remaining four had come loose but were not visible from above once removed

I drilled out the holes and replaced with #10-32 x 1.5" (with lock washers). The car did not cycle the SAP when I started it up to check that I put everything back together correctly with respect to the intake plumbing.

In the process of removing the SAP for repair, I noticed the hose that goes from the fitting on the oval TB elbow is cracking. Yet another item to order/repair. At least BMWs are maintenance friendly.

I am pretty sure I pulled this out before to check them and did not find the rivets loose. Then again that was probably several months ago and sometime during two years of master's degree work, which is enough to turn anyone's brain into mush (I find I have forgotten a ton of car "stuff").

I am going to clear codes and see if that cures it or if there is still a valve / electro-pneumatic control system issue.
The SAP doesn't come on every time you start the car. It's only supposed to run for about 30 seconds when you first start the car on a cold engine. The engine pretty much needs to sit overnight without running for the SAP to kick on.
cooljess76 is offline   Reply With Quote