View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 05:46 AM   #1
Htraitor

Default For all you DIY'ers - Project TI has begun!

Hello all,

I'm new to BMW's and 318it.org but not to tuning cars. I've been a Honda guy for many years (Still am) but recently decided to try my hand on German engineering. So here goes...

About a month or so ago my wife's co-worker said she was selling her son's TI because he slid into a ditch last winter. She said the car still drives but needs some cosmetic work, therefore she would sell it very cheap. Like most DIY'ers, she had me from "hello." I asked how much and she said $800. I decided to drive out her way (about an hour away) to go for a spin and see how much work it needed.
When she opened the garage where it's been sitting since the wreck, I could tell that it was going to be a great deal. Turned out that right before the wreck, her son (mainly her husband) paid for a engine swap to replace the old motor and refreshed all the major components. The other day she called and said the price was now $600 and I said "SOLD!"
Long story short, I have been buying parts all week and have begun tearing the car apart to bring this TI back to life.

I've added some visuals and will keep you posted with my progress. Cheers!

C

Htraitor is offline   Reply With Quote