View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 04:52 AM   #3
ti3

I already removed spare/tools but that's not the issue, its in the front. I might look more into your suggestion about the input/output hose though, and remove the other PS stuff, the reservoir and pump and any extraneous tubing, but I gotta see if it will be worth it first. I honestly don't know what or where any of that is because I just haven't bothered looking in my hood yet, so I am not even sure it weighs enough to be worth removing.

I think my first thing will be to remove the washer fluid reservoir, and hoses, because I never use it anyway, and that's a couple good pounds when its full. Also, I don't have a sunroof, so that is out of the question, and I already did the cf hood/battery relocate like I mentioned. What my main goal is, is to get more traction and overall balance without having to ADD weight to the back. I would rather decrease the overall car weight from the front while maintaining a good weight ratio front to back.

I forgot to mention I plan on (when I have the money and wherewithal) to get some lightweight race seats, or similar, because the vaders I put in there are SO HEAVY! I think in the 65-70 lb range, whereas nice race seats are only like 10-20

I even took out the passenger seat altogether for a while, but my g/f got mad at me and made me put it back... She didn't like sitting in the back seat while I drove.

any other suggestions, or comments? especially about the PS system would be appreciated THANKS!
ti3 is offline   Reply With Quote