View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 04:34 AM   #1
mymelody807

Default 318ti overheat and Radiator leak

I have a 1995 318TI automatic, the car start overheat few weeks ago and the radiator leak. I order a new Behr radiator and replace it by myself.

I followed the instruction (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18066) to change the radiator and coolant. I only change the radiator, upper hose, lower hose and fill it with new coolant. I also followed the procedure for bleeding air out of it, I fill the expansion tank until fluid begins coming out of the bleed screw and at the same time the expansion tank with almost full of coolant (Isn't it suppose to fill it to the COLD mark?).

After I put the bleed screw and cap back, then I start the car and run it for awhile, the upper hose started warm to hot but the lower hose still cold and I squeeze the hose but I don't feel it full of coolant, is it normal? Then the coolant started leak from the bottom of the expansion tank that attached to the side of the radiator. I want to know if it is possible my car cause the leak or the new radiator defective.
mymelody807 is offline   Reply With Quote