View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 02:09 PM   #7
Htraitor

Well it's been a little while since I posted on here but I’ve made some progress. The last post was when I was debating on whether or not to take the car to body shop to have the frame straightened...well I did and man am I glad. They saved me a ton of time and headache and gave me a list of parts that need to be replaced to get back to spec.
I ordered a replacement fender and when it came it was for another car altogether. (I think a 5 Series) When I called the company they told me it was too expensive to ship back so I could just keep it. (how nice of them) I still haven't ordered the replacement fender but should be in the near future unless someone has one they'd like to donate. I ordered the passenger side mirror and it too was the wrong one so i sent it back an got lucky on Craigslist. There was a local guy who sold me both for $50. I bought the A/C condenser from another local guy who later sold me a set of 42's. I lost my job and just decided to go to school full time but since my awesome wife is still making decent money I can continue the rebuild just at a much slower pace.
I'm a long way from finished but here are a couple of shots. My parts list is growing but if you guys know where I can pick these up cheap or feel the need to donate them hit me up.

Passenger side rear trailing arm
Passenger side fender
Passenger side tie rod
LCA bushings (all)
Front bumper support brackets (all)
Thermostat

For Sale:
Random BMW (3/5 series fender)

Here are a couple of before and after shots, enjoy!

Before:

After:

New Shoes

Htraitor is offline   Reply With Quote