View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 01:07 AM   #8
hotmilk400

Remote starts are pretty easy on both auto and 5sps.

did my 5spd. if you buy a 5sp remote start, you do not have to worry about the car driving away. in a 5sp remote start, the motor does not turn off until you shut your driver side door. if you open the driver side door after you shut off your car, the car will not remotely start. if the ebrake is not up, the car will not remote start either.
basically it is fool proof.

the only way to get it to drive away is if you have a very weak e-break, and you climb into the car through the hatchback or, depending on the brand remote start, the driver side door and put it in gear. either way, the car should stall pretty quick if your ebreak is strong.

of course, my friends shop install them every day, and tested that theory. the car had a weak ebrake, and a huge v8 motor. the car drove right out of the shop in first gear. lucky for them, the door was unlocked, and someone jumped into it pretty fast to stall it.. haha.

but really, you would have to be an idiot to get back into your car through a different door, and put it into gear.

... automatic cars are pretty easy too, and no need to worry about the car driving away.

either way, i like them. their might be better options, like a block warmer (which normally are cheaper or the same price) but since my car is 200 - 500 feet away from my apartment, its nice being able to start it while its in the middle of the parking lot..

plus, turning on the butt warmers 2 minutes before u sit in it is a HUGE bonus when it is -5 outside, and the leather sides are colder then the ice on the ground. haha..

--

as a side note, my best friend is in Theta Chi at Pennstate, and i live about 1 block away from the building.. haha.. figured you would enjoy knowing that for some reason.

Green Your Decor with the Aspect! Shop for the Grow Light Used by Interior Designers, Growers & People Like You!
hotmilk400 is offline   Reply With Quote