View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 04:52 PM   #13
hotmilk400

well, like i said, you do not want to bypass the EWS, since you can start your car with a screwdriver (hence why they have EWS).

the EWS bypass turns on when your remote start your car. it tells the car that the key is in the ignition, so the car can start, and stays active until the remote turns off. it does not bypass the EWS all the time, since if that were the case, people would steal ur car pretty fast.

this works with your starter, and is 100% safe to use. (unless you install it wrong) no one can steal your car. they run about $60ish i think, maybe $80.. i bought a universal one from my friends shop for alot less (he buys at wholesale prices).

anyway, a remote start is not something you try to save $20 or $50 bucks when installing.. haha. cheap ones underrate the relays, which means hassle later. and if you didnt use the bypass, do not expect your car to always be in the driveway the next day. (again, the screawdriver thing comes into play.. ) just insert and twist =]

Green Your Decor with the Aspect! Shop for the Grow Light Used by Interior Designers, Growers & People Like You!
hotmilk400 is offline   Reply With Quote