View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 08:12 PM   #161
yoda

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by pi4ovete_84 View Post
Tnx 4 the reply, I'll keep following what's going on with your project
I wanna do something with my M44 too, just don't know which is safer - turbo, DASC or just swap it ? I know people back in Europe they did crazy things to their TI's. One just installed X5 engine( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swv2yzyby1U ) sounds evil Others just put some hand made turbos and go nuts
Is this turbo setup looks right to you? ( http://www.fastwayracer.com/p918/BMW...duct_info.html)
On other hand a guy from BMW club in Chicago told me that for around $2000 he can find me nice 2.8 engine and swap it with my M44, I'm just afraid to risk, since mine is only 48000mi in perfect condition.
Anyway thank you 4 creating the thread and good luck!
If you look around the site you'll find plenty of swaps and DASC'd ti's... John was the first one to ACTUALLY do a turbo on an M44 and Blowin was the 2nd one to do it... I'll be 3rd!... The turbo is by no means a project for someone that doesn't know what they're doing, I bought a "kit" but I still need other parts and custom tuning for it to work... That's where John comes into play, he graciously offered up this free install and I was lucky enough to get it. When you put all the money I'll put down to get this done, it'll come to about half of what a new DASC costs... and probably as much as securing a good swap engine... Keep in mind that having that swap done will cost about another grand... The most bang for your buck solution will most likely be a swap, since you will have much more options available to you for upgrading that engine down the line... John's car is a beast, but it has SERIOUS money and know how invested in it! My setup will be for a stock engine, so it won't be pumping out the serious power his car does. Welcome to the forum...

Custom JohnBoy Turbo, Midnight-Tunning Software, HKS BOV, e-Pod Gauge Pod, BavAuto Springs, Bilstein Sport, e30 3.73 LSD, Depo P36, Apexcone 55w HID, OEM Spoiler, M3 Lip, M3 Mesh Grill, Crossdrilled Rear Rotors, M3 Front Brakes, Sparco 3 point Harness, Euro M3 Wheel, K&N cone, Clear Corner/Sides/Tails, M3 Center Console & Arm-rest, M3 Red Cluster Needles, M3 Mirrors & Side Skirts, RD Exhaust, DS-1 wheels!...
yoda is offline   Reply With Quote