View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 03:01 AM   #1249
jca

Went to the local dealership and bought the two infamous plastic water pipes. Here's a buying tip that works for me at my local BMW dealership. I look up the parts number for the part that I need on the site, getbmwparts.com, the parts website for Tischer BMW in Silver Springs Maryland. I get the Tischer quote on the price, then take order down to my local BMW parts guy who gives me the Tischer price which is always cheaper than the local price. I got this started when I balked once when the dealership quoted me $109 for a part that Tischer sold for $78. When I mentiond this to the parts guy he said that he would match the Tischer price on any part. With this arrangement you save shipping costs, but pay tax on the part. You local dealership gets your business. You usually get the part quicker than you would over the net and you get face time with the parts man who can be helpful in many ways. It's worth a try with any dealership; unless the parts guy has an attitude, he'll probably say yes.