View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 06:15 AM   #15
Suncountry

We are a little off topic but I will explain. First you will need 2 needle nose pliers and a hog ring pliers. Bottom back seat just pull up on the front edge each side. The base should pop up. Pull the base out of the car. Flip it over
You will see hog rings, they are a piece of wire that forms a closed "C". Take pictures to help with remembering where they all go. Take your 2 needle nose pliers and open the C so you can remove them. When you are releasing them from the wire embedded in the foam be careful not to pull up to hard. Don't want to pull the wire embedded in the foam out. There are also metal wires that run through the cloth that the hog rings hook to holding the cloth to the foam. Once you get into it you will see what I am talking about. Its not hard, just take your time. Once the rings are off slip the cover off the foam and pull out the wires which are in the cloth. They just slip out of pockets sewn into the cover. The back seat base is the toughest because of all the wires, but again take your time.

The front seat back (first remove the seat from the car its easier that way)
Remove the headrest, pull out the seat tilt levers, then the plastic trim around them. To release the trim there is a tab top and bottom inside the slot so use a small blade screw driver to lift the tab. This will release them. Next remove the screw at the bottom of the back each side. The back can now be removed. The cloth is hooked to the seat frame so it is easy to remove the cushion and cover. Now start removing the hog rings. There are 2 vertical and I think 3 horizontal wires.

Front seat base
There are 4 plastic pins that are pushed into the plastic frame which the foam is molded around. The pins are then pushed in to the seat frame. When you turn the seat frame over you will see the plastic pins. a couple are are hard to get to. I was not successful at pinching them and pushing them out with out some damage to the pins. I would recommend buying 4 for each seat base and just replacing. p/n 52108130678 Once the pins are out/broken the seat base foam/cover can removed. Just like the others, open up the hog rings.

I ran the covers through the washer twice because they were so dirty. First time I used resolve and laundry soap on gentle. The second time through just laundry soap. I laid them in the sun to dry. Next day they were ready to go. Spray them down with a protect-ant before assembly.

Assemble in reverse order but using the hog ring pliers

Sorry I don't have pictures. It really isn't hard, just takes a little time.

Last edited by Suncountry; 08-01-2011 at 06:18 AM.
Suncountry is offline   Reply With Quote