View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 11:32 PM   #1
Bonzo

Default 95 318ti no start.

Ok, so I'm posting for my friend on his account, as I cannot figure this problem out after searching and searching and searching.

The story:
The owner, bonzo, for whoever knows what reason just went to town on the wiring on this car. There are miscellaneous wires hanging out in the driver foot well. I have done everything I can to make this car run again, and clean up the wiring, and put the wires back where they had been before. I was infact able to get the starter to crank over by jumping wires 1 and 3 at the EWS II box, but I'm still not getting spark or fuel. The gauge cluster does power up, and everything seems normal, except for the lack of fuel, and spark. The fuel pump isnt even tuning on. The only thing that is not able to be hooked up again is the EWS II system, because it is just totally destroyed.

This car was running perfectly fine before the wiring got ruined. It has a dynan chip, and seriously, ran perfect.

Now, my question is, what is absolutely nesscary to be hooked up just for the car to start, excluding anything under the hood, and such because the only wiring that was messed with, was the wiring in the kick panel, and the ews system. I know this is kind of vauge, but I'm running out of ideas.

Also, to my understanding, for this car to ever have run with the dynan chip, the EWS II must have been disabled at some point, but I'm having trouble getting over the idea that this is a problem regarding the EWS system.

Thank you so much for reading, and please help us out!
Robert/Cory

Last edited by Bonzo; 09-13-2011 at 11:36 PM.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote