View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 04:43 PM   #1
Kingston

Default New `97 318ti owner

Hello!

I am preparing to take delivery of a new (to me) 1997 318ti. This will be my wife's car, but I am helping her build it up the way she wants!

My first BMW was a `94 325is. Currently I daily drive an M50-swaped 1988 E30 325, with an E36 steering rack, E36 M3 shifter, 3.73LSD diff, Billstein sports with H&R sport springs. Refreshed bushings all around, etc.

I'm also building an S52 to go into an `86 325e that's my long-term project. Basically just short of a frame-up restoration.

The long and short of it is that my wife decided that she wanted a project of her own. After looking at E38-gen &-series cars for awhile, we found a 318ti owned by a friend. He'd bought it to part out, but it was too clean for that!

She's a base-model 1997 318ti slicktop with an auto. The auto trans will stay, since my wife has some minor nerve damage in her right arm from a surgery many years ago.

It's a Black & Tan right now, but the tan cloth interior will get pulled for a set of Vaders up front, with matching leather rear seat.

Steel wheels with cheesy hubcaps will get pulled in favor of a set of BBS LMs (again, my wife's choice. She's got GREAT taste!).

Anyway, here's a couple of pics of the stable:

Yes, there's a dent on the front fender. I think I can square that away myself. The nose piece is dented, too, but I have a new piece coming for that already!

Here's Siobhan, my BBS RX-shod, M50-swapped `88 325.

And here's Lilo, the long-term project. An `86 Zinno coupe that's got camber plates up front, adjustability built into the back, and Konis all around right now. She's getting an S52 swap once I have Metric Mechanic breathe on the head!

Cheers, guys! Glad to be part of this community!
Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote