Thread: swap update
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 02:49 AM   #1
aznlonewolf135

Default swap update

Reciever 1998 318ti 5 speed (kept getrag tranny)
Donor 1996 328i auto

It's been a while and I'll give the entire store in one nice long thread when my build is done...this is just an update as to where I am I am not asking anything but if there's any free information you guys would like to throw my way I and any future swappers would be greatly appreciative

First mistake...I pulled the wiring harness from the engine and then pulled the engine

Second Mistake...I was too lazy to go to the store to get some paper masking tape so I used packing tape and an sharpie...most of them smugged and rubbed off

Today the engine is in...with the wiring harness...

Major things left to do:

Drive shaft...Apparently others have been able to keep the stock drive shaft but mine seems just too long...I am either going to have it shorten or go to Pick-n-Pull and for a the front half of a 325 (m50) drive shaft. I'm not sure if this will work...

Shifter linkage...get parts cut for $50 dollars or just buy a 325 (m50) shifter linkage and selector rod for $60

Run battery cable from trunk to hood

There's a plastic hose from my secondary air pump that I have yet to figure out where it goes

The shop that is going to realign my EWS also said they will repin the Dash side of the wiring harness

THATS IT!!
aznlonewolf135 is offline   Reply With Quote