View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 03:56 AM   #14
Mic10is

So I started with this, which was unacceptable

With the help of people on this forum, I picked up the OEM kit from my local dealer, which I posted a pic a few posts up.

Im impressed that the kit came with just about everything. comes with a template in case you cant figure out how much carpet to cut out...which is obvious bc the carpet is already perforated around the edges so its obvious what comes out

I was also impressed that the lower right front bolt was covered my a factory grommet bc the hole wasnt used bc there was no armrest in the car

so Kit came with all mounting hardware, bolts etc...

took about 15min give or take a few to install

and the Result is this

the Armrest and Ebrake cover I picked up on ebay for like $20bucks, its leather. came shipped from UK. I originally got for my 318IS, but I have a few months to get that car finished so i'll order another one.

so after sitting in the car for awhile....and not even driving it, I realized that NO I cannot live without a cupholder. I always have drinks with me

so after eyeballing the pieces. I test fitted the factory storage piece.
..then after a few careful cuts
I ended up with this

when I get a free Saturday, I'll make a couple more small cuts, tape it all off and fiberglass in the small gaps, texture coat and then color coat it to match.

DRIVING is So much better with an Armrest...

sometimes its just the little things that make driving more enjoyable.
Mic10is is offline   Reply With Quote